Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Lay-offs & Gorditas

Last night I found out that my boyfriend got laid off. I received this call 30 minutes into my Zumba class…  I went outside and talked to him for a bit. After that I started to drive home. I stopped about half way and turned around. I needed a way to stop thinking about what had just happened. I went back to the gym. By then the class had ended but I got on the stationary bike. Still NOTHING… so, I moved on to the Elliptical machine- I pledged to do 75 miles this week, I better get to it. I must say that it did help. I did an hour and accomplished to add 4.3 miles. Later that night I sent my boyfriend a video making a goof of myself, it made him laugh. =)

This morning as I was leaving, my dad said, “Que te vaya bien Gordis”. For those of you that don’t speak Spanish, that means, ” hope your day goes well fatty”. I know, the translation is worse than it really is. I started to think, I don’t want to be called that anymore. I don’t want to be known for being the FAT girl in the family. All my life I have grown up with skinny athletic cousins… of course, I would get the occasional, “Don’t you wish you were like your cousin” from my uncles. F- That! In my home its okay to say Gordita or Gordis. My dad says it to every one of us, that doesn’t make it right thought. Yes, I am fat but I don’t want name used as a term of endearment. Now, how do I tell my dad? I’m not sure how he would take it since I’ve been like this my whole life! I guess we’ll have to wait and see…

No comments:

Post a Comment