Tuesday, October 19, 2010

The 16 point Sandwich

This morning I knew that I would have to buy lunch-- My Managing Director was going to walk into my store and inspect every little nook and cranny. He didn't but he did have a lot of helpful suggestions.(I worked from 7am-9pm last night and i was back in the office at 7:30 am today. Not fun!) So, what I didn't plan on doing was having a sandwich worth 16 points. Corner Bakery offers a Green Chile & Chicken Sandwich -made with all-natural jicama slaw, diced tomatoes, white cheddar cheese and roasted garlic mayonnaise. It doesn't sound so bad. When I got back to my office I looked up the nutritional facts and O-M-G! And to be honest, it wasn't that great. I had a better 7 point sandwich at Subway last night!

Cooking is not a strong point for me. I've lived in a household where Mom has cooked all my meals since I was a child. (Yes, I know that must sound terrible). Our meals usually consist of meat or chicken, lots of rice and possibly beans. Now that I am changing the way I eat, it's hard to walk in and expect a healthier option. She won't cook with olive oil, she won't stop frying things, the sweet bread/croissants don't stop, our cereals are: lucky charms, cookie crips, frosted flakes, trix.. ahh! I can do this. I bought a Weightwatchers cookbook in hopes that I can start cooking my own food. I have to learn one day, right? All I know how to make now is chicken (on a George Foreman Grill) and that's about it. I don't know how much seasoning to add to things, I'm not like my Mom :(
She's awesome. Makes something amazinly delicious out of nothing.
The 16 point sandwich. It does look like a lot of points!

3 comments:

  1. Here are a few sites with GREAT recipes for WW:

    http://www.greenlitebites.com
    http://www.skinnytaste.com
    http://www.laaloosh.com

    You can do this! :)

    @MelGetsFit

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Melissa! I'll check those out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paula, Good for you getting cooking! That's one reason Weight Watchers is so awesome, you can still eat amazing food. Their site is really good for recipe planning, I love the recipe builder in etools (start with one ingredient, build your recipe using what you have).

    I hope you'll share some of your recipes here! Good luck.

    ReplyDelete