Monday, October 18, 2010

Throwing up in Chinatown

Like the title of this post states, I was throwing up as I walked down the streets of Chinatown. I didn't realize my body would react that way... My bf, his brother, bestfriend and I all headed to a beer festival at Union Station! We had a good time. Then we got the bright idea to go eat... in Chinatown. At first, I thought, great! I love Yang Chows! I didn't realize I'd pay for it later. We ordered, 2 orders of Slippery Shrimp (THE BEST!), 2 orders of Yang Chow rice, shredded beef in spicy garlic sauce and sweet and sour chicken. I didn't eat as much as I used to--I would normally have seconds, this time, it was just one plate... And I stuck to water.

As soon as I walked out of the restaurant, I felt queezy. I felt like I was about to pop. I stopped 3 times to release what was bugging me! 3 times! I tend to forget that I haven't been eating this way for the past couple of weeks and when faced with a decision, I am having trouble saying no. I look at the progress I have made and I know I don't want to gain 10lbs back! I really don't. It will take a lot of will power to be able to say to all the tempting food that's around me. For instance, I got home Saturday night to find 2 bags of freshly baked Mexican sweet bread! Really? Don't my parents know what this does to me? I wish they would help, but this is how they have been eating for years. It's normal in our household to have coffee and a piece of sweey bread at 10 o'clock at night... we have never seen anything wrong with that. And when my mom was complaining about her weight last night, I told her that we have to cut out all that sweet bread! She just smiled and shook her head. Some things won't change. (Yes, I did have one piece of bread for a whopping 6 points! OUCH!!!!)
 
I need to learn that I can't eat like I used to. My body is going to react to what I put in it. My family isn't going to help, I have to make these changes on my own and not really expect anybody to feel bad for their food choices.  
Pan Dulce - Mexican Sweet Bread

I am also including this picture. This was yesterday. I'm down a little over 9lbs, after this week that number may change... While I was getting ready, my mom said, "Paola, you can see your belly. Wear a shirt that covers it"... Ummm, No mother, I'm fat and trying to do something about it. I feel comfortable. After looknig at this picture, I can see what she is talking about. I can see progress though. I see it in my face, in my body. It won't happen overnight and I don't expect it to.. something I do, but that's the type of weight loss I was used to.

No comments:

Post a Comment