Friday, October 22, 2010

The Feeling of Giving Up

A few days ago, I considered quitting all together. I have been on this journey for 7 weeks now. The last time I had worked out was Sunday and it was now Tuesday. I was so tired from work and really didn't feel like dragging my ass to the gym. I thought, maybe I can just stop here. I've been fat all these years and my bf loves me no matter what size. The gym takes time out of my day. I spend anywhere from 1-2 hours working out. I don't have time to cook in the morning, I go to bed late trying to get things ready for the next day... funny thing is, these are all excuses. The same excuses I've used year after year that I would promise myself that this was the year.

Tuesday evening I was at the gym. My body was hurting. I could feel the difference even after just 2 days. My body is trying to adapt to exercise-- before this, I never exercised a day in my life.

I can make excuses all I want. This is something I want to do. I need to make a change in my life. I dont want to see a flight of stairs and not want to go up because I'll be out of breath. I want to be able to run a 5K (hopefully I will be able to do that in march; I signed up for a 5K). I want to have sex and not get so tired that I need to stop. I want to be less self-conscious when I'm naked. I won't even change in the locker room because I'm embarrassed. I'll go to the restroom and change there.

I know it will take time. Im just a little impatient lol. Now that I've started using weights I am not seeing the weight come off. It's frustrating. Everything will be okay. :)

3 comments:

  1. everything WILL come together. In the end there's NO getting around that it WILL take a long time and it DOES take a lot of commitment and you just have to dig in and be CONSISTENT with it. I back to square 1 myself. Having gone from super fit fitness instructor at the end of 2008 - to super out of shape, feels like i've NEVER worked out a day in my life [but i do have a very active background]. My challenge now is to 1. commit and go consistently to the gym and 2. remember that i'm starting from the beginning again and not over do it / no my limits. Good luck to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey, lady! it's challenging but worth it and consistency is key. think about it this way perhaps: we didn't get fat overnight nor form bad habits overnight. so we aren't going to lose the weight and teach ourselves better eating/fitness habits overnight.

    hope you're having a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We all don't want to see you give up girlie. You motivate me when I read your blog entries, it is difficult to make such a change (coming from someone that's addicted to pan dulce! Hahaha.... its going to take time a long time but its def worth it! Not only is your body going to thank you for it but so is your heart. Remember that this is your journey and that any change done is for you and NO ONE else. Keep it up hopefully we can workout together one day!

    ReplyDelete