Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My body is changing a little at a time...

Yesterday I met with Sanar. She is a personal trainer at 24 Hour Fitness. When I upgraded my membership on Sunday, I decided to sign up take the "bargain" and pay $129 for 3 training sessions. I'm not too familiar with machines, except the elliptical, even then I shy away from new things at the gym. The Membership manager said Sanar would be the best if my focus is on weight loss and scheduled me in for Tues, Thurs, and Sunday.

I was nervous coming in because I had met with a trainer before many years ago and I didn't feel comfortable with her. She made me feel like being overweight was my punishment for eating so much and wasn't very nice - don't remember her name, she was from Bally Total Fitness. So, I'm waiting and she comes over with her previous appointment and gives me a big ol' smile. She introduced herself and starting chatting away about my goals. I felt at ease but I still wasn't sure how the appointment would go.

15 minutes into the training session and she had me laughing. I felt really comfortable and decided to give all her suggestions a shot. We did some Core work and let me tell you I was shaky! I have never done a Plank or a Superman! What is that? She explained misconceptions of weights and bulking up, showed me how to use some machines all while motivating me for a whole hour. She wrote everything down for me and told me to do this everytime I come to the gym. I didn't stay for cardio, I was too tired. I've been going to bed late because I'm wired when I get home!

The picture you see here I took today. I am starting to see small changes here and there. The biggest is my stomach. It's not hanging out as much as it did before. My upper body doesn't look so bulky. Slowly but surely I will get to my goal weight... right now, it's only to get down to 200... after that who knows. I've always been "bigger", I don't know how to be someone that's a healthy weight.

1 comment:

  1. It's always MUCH harder before you do it.
    Just keep moving! You might want to try logging your workouts on DailyMile. I do - I've met some really inspirational people there who keep me motivated.

    ReplyDelete